Fourth dangerous nation for women in the world
Women have probelms wherever we go.. in India, we were protected at all times by our parents, relatives when we are young.. in school days.. when I was in Bangalore, have to work over time in office, all my friends and male collegues were really supportive.. they will never let you walk home alone if its late.. even if we are taking an office-cab, they will call us to check if we have reached home safely.. this all sounds really good.. isn't it? but if we think about it, it all shows that, we might end up in dangerous situations if not protected... thats why there were so concerned..
even in UK the things are no different.. how many stories we hear about an assualt on women, cabbies kidnapping girls, murders, abuse of young kids...this country is more horrible for kids and women.. am scared to send my son to a child minder.. I prefer the nursery with many people around to avoid the situation where he has to be alone with an adult...
one of my friend, who is heavily pregenant was waiting outside a store for her husband to get the car from the parking lot, then someone tried snatching her chain (with mangalyam)..he couldn't becuse its a very thick one and she was holding it tightly.. then he ran away.. that guy could clearly see that she is heavily pregenant and week... this is in the middle of a crowded market place, in UK... in case if she has fallen down or something, it could have been really dangerous for her and the baby...
this is a small incident..but usually everyone says avoid going out in the night.. after 8.. when I told my husband that I am planning to go jogging at 6 every day.. he said 'no, someone might create triuble if they see you going everyday'.. its summer.. the sunrise is around 5.. so its usually quite bright at 6.. still he thinks its not safe.. I remember my days in Bangalore.. I used to wake up at 5.30 and go out alone for jogging.. used to see only very few people around in the side road.. still I never felt vulnerable or dangerous..
so I don't really buy-in the numbers saying its 4th country and stuff... atleast in India, we have so many dear and nears, to protect us.. and if you shout people will come out and help you..its always crowded.. and people on the road.. so I have always felt safe... I don't think that will happen here... people are always inside the house.. even someone is shouting in front of my house I don't think I will be able to hear if I am watching TV or in the Kitchen.. just the '999' to help you, thats if you could get hold of your mobile in time and able to dial and speak clearly about your wherabouts.. :(
even in UK the things are no different.. how many stories we hear about an assualt on women, cabbies kidnapping girls, murders, abuse of young kids...this country is more horrible for kids and women.. am scared to send my son to a child minder.. I prefer the nursery with many people around to avoid the situation where he has to be alone with an adult...
one of my friend, who is heavily pregenant was waiting outside a store for her husband to get the car from the parking lot, then someone tried snatching her chain (with mangalyam)..he couldn't becuse its a very thick one and she was holding it tightly.. then he ran away.. that guy could clearly see that she is heavily pregenant and week... this is in the middle of a crowded market place, in UK... in case if she has fallen down or something, it could have been really dangerous for her and the baby...
this is a small incident..but usually everyone says avoid going out in the night.. after 8.. when I told my husband that I am planning to go jogging at 6 every day.. he said 'no, someone might create triuble if they see you going everyday'.. its summer.. the sunrise is around 5.. so its usually quite bright at 6.. still he thinks its not safe.. I remember my days in Bangalore.. I used to wake up at 5.30 and go out alone for jogging.. used to see only very few people around in the side road.. still I never felt vulnerable or dangerous..
so I don't really buy-in the numbers saying its 4th country and stuff... atleast in India, we have so many dear and nears, to protect us.. and if you shout people will come out and help you..its always crowded.. and people on the road.. so I have always felt safe... I don't think that will happen here... people are always inside the house.. even someone is shouting in front of my house I don't think I will be able to hear if I am watching TV or in the Kitchen.. just the '999' to help you, thats if you could get hold of your mobile in time and able to dial and speak clearly about your wherabouts.. :(

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home